Opt-in for Voice and/or Text Message Notifications
You will need to opt-in for voice and/or text message notifications. You will use your existing Infinite Campus Parent Portal login — if you do not have an existing login, please contact your school.
- Log in to your Campus Parent account with your Username and Password.
- Click on the profile iconin the upper right corner and select Settings > Contact Preferences.
- In the body of the Contact Preferences page, you will see instructions as well as a list of your contact information that you have reported to your students’ school. Here you can choose to opt-in or out of Voice or SMS/text notifications.
- Follow the instructions on this screen to update your contact preferences. Make sure you select Save if you make any changes.
- In addition to updating Contact Preferences, you can also update your email and phone number.
A brief note of each message type is provided:
- Emergency: All emergency messages will be District notifications that are of a high priority. They can be sent any time of day.*
- Attendance: Notifications about student attendance, will only be sent between 7AM and 9PM. (Note: not all schools send attendance notifications.)
- Behavior: Notices concerning behavior incidents.
- General: These are most common and will be sent by the district or your school between 7AM and 9PM.
- Priority Notification: Priority messages are special message types and will only be sent between 7AM and 9PM. Your school should notify you if they use these types of notifications.
- Teacher: Teacher notifications will only be via your Portal inbox or email. (Note: not all schools send teacher notifications.)
Please note that you can have different combinations of contact preferences selected. For example, you can have Attendance notifications as text alerts only but Emergency notifications as Text AND Voice alerts.
Infinite Campus includes a confirmation option. For example, if you select Voice and Text delivery, Infinite Campus will attempt to deliver the voice notification first. You will be prompted at the end of the message to confirm receipt. Once you confirm the message, Messenger will not send notifications to your other devices. If that voice notification is NOT confirmed, the system moves on to the next delivery option.
If your household does not have access to a computer or Internet, please contact your school for assistance.
*During power outages, landlines may not receive notices.